Word Magic Software is proud to announce an alliance with How-To-Study.com, a renowned Study Skills Resource site that seeks to aid English and Spanish-speaking students improve their own skills and provide resources for their elementary, middle school and high school studies. This is the first of a fourth series of 5 tips, which is our joint contribution to all our subscribers. Good news for our Spanish-speaking customers! These tips are being sent in Spanish too! We hope they are of great help to you. We highly recommend them.
Tutoring and its Benefits
The purpose of tutoring is to help students help themselves and to assist or guide them to the point at which they become independent, successful learners. Tutoring is available in your home, at a local or national tutoring center, and online.
How do you know if tutoring is needed for you or your child?
There are many possible reasons why you or your child might need tutoring. Here are some of the most important reasons.
- Teacher or counselor recommends tutoring
- Grades are dropping
- Homework seems increasingly difficult
- Extreme anxiety before tests
- Self-esteem is dropping
- Loss of interest in learning
- Feelings of wanting to give up
- Resistance to doing schoolwork
- Reluctance to go to school
What are the benefits of tutoring?
Tutoring can be beneficial in many ways. Here are some of the benefits.
- Provides personalized attention
- Improves grades
- Increases knowledge and understanding of subjects
- Increases motivation to succeed
- Provides intensive practice
- Allows progress at own pace
- Leads to better use of study time
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Encourages higher levels of learning
- Encourages self-directed learning
- Reduces competition
- Provides praise, feedback, and encouragement
- Provides review of skills not mastered but no longer taught
Review the reasons why tutoring might be needed and the benefits tutoring provides. Doing this will help you decide if you or your child should consider tutoring.
Not everyone needs tutoring. But when needed, tutoring can make a great contribution to success.