When you import new words and their translation(s) from a list, you have to use a special format that the system can recognize. This is a text-file format which also uses certain specific parameters; these must be applied to each and every word in the list you want added.
The list can be any size you want. Some of the most important things you should keep in mind are:
- Press ENTER after you finish each entry line. That will separate one entry line from the other.
- Separate the English translations with commas. The Spanish entry can be a single or a compound word. The translations can be single or compound words. The Commas will separate one translation from the next.
- Compound words should not exceed 110 characters in length, including spaces.
- Both the Spanish and the English entries have to be typed using lower-case letters, unless you are entering a proper name, or a word that must always use Upper Case (acronyms, etc.)
- Be sure to use .txt format, not MS Word!
If you want more information on how to add your own user words, check out our online help, under How To Add New Words to the Dictionaries.