[ + ] Tip #17: About faster, more efficient translation - Part I
This tip was sent on the week: 21th - 27th Nov, 2004.
These tips apply to the following programs:
About faster, more efficient translation - Part I
Last week we promised to focus on those features of ESI PRO particularly aimed at increasing the speed of the editing process during interactive translation.
We intend also to refute the notion that machine translation is a slower process, because allegedly, “it takes more time to edit the output of the program than to do the whole translation manually from beginning to end”.
No doubt, this is true of the first programs that appeared last century and which still enjoy a widespread presence in the market. And, no doubt, they are responsible for the poor opinion of machine translation among the general public.
In the case of ESI you will immediately notice that – even in the case of automatic translation — the output is generally fit for publication with just a few minor editing touches in about 60% of the sentences. And for the remaining 40% , ESI PRO offers you the Interactive Mode, a revolutionary feature that was introduced by Word Magic Software in 1998. This feature is unique to ESI: you will find it nowhere else.
Here is why we say that translation with ESI PRO, Interactive Mode has to be a much faster, expedient and effortless process than manual translation:
“OK”- You might say- “We already knew all of this. What’s really new for this week?”
Since we are running short of space and exceeding the one-page maximum length which we promised for each delivery, we will send you this week’s tip next week, if you bear with us on this occasion. Then we will unveil the “secret feature”.
NOTE: If you wish to have the complete collection of Word Magic Tips, or want the tips resent to your email address, please email us.