give away Verb
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: regalar, obsequiar, dejar ir, desasirse de, entregarShe gave away the furniture, Ella dejó ir los muebles.
English Synonyms of "give away": grant, present, give, give as a gift, give as a present, give up, bestow, lay
Define meaning of "give away": Give as a present; make a gift of. ; Make a gift of.
What will you give her for her birthday?
She gave away her antique furniture.
[ + ] Quips, Quotes & Proverbs
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: delatar, denunciar, desenmascarar, echar al agua, echar al pico, soplonearHe told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam.
English Synonyms of "give away": denounce, finger, inform against, inform on, let in on, sell out, tell on
Define meaning of "give away": Give away information about somebody.
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: revelar, divulgar, delatarThe auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold.
English Synonyms of "give away": disclose, bare, bespeak, blow the lid off, deliver, divulge, expose, reveal
Define meaning of "give away": Make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret. ; Convey or reveal information.
The actress won't reveal how old she is.
Give one's name.
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: entregarHand me the spoon, please.
English Synonyms of "give away": give over, turn in, turn over, surrender
Define meaning of "give away": Place into the hands or custody of.
Turn the files over to me, please.
He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers.
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: ceder, doblarse, colapsarseThe wall collapsed.
English Synonyms of "give away": bend, bend over, buckle, yield, give, give up, give way
Define meaning of "give away": Break down, literally or metaphorically.
The business collapsed.
The dam broke.
The roof collapsed.
The wall gave in.
The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice.
[ + ] Quips, Quotes & Proverbs
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: abandonarse, claudicar
English Synonyms of "give away": quit, abandon oneself, cease taking care of oneself, let oneself go, neglect oneself, give up
Define meaning of "give away": Give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat.
- Translate "give away" to Spanish: entregar en matrimonio
English Synonyms of "give away": give away in marriage
Define meaning of "give away": Formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father.
About this Bilingual English-Spanish Dictionary
We must explain that this Free Online Bilingual Dictionary includes all: Word Magic
Dictionary & Tools Professional (general reference English-Spanish bilingual dictionary), our unabridged Medical Dictionary, the Law Dictionary, the Business & Finance Dictionary and the Computer & IT Dictionary. You can purchase these separately to install in your PC and also as add-ons for your Microsoft Word and Excel. Click here to purchase our General Dictionary Pack, which includes images, definitions and usage examples.
The online bilingual Dictionary application here provided is a free service of Word Magic Software Inc. You will find that it is the most complete online bilingual and bidirectional English-Spanish dictionary on the web, showing not only direct translations but synonyms, complete definitions, set phrases, idioms, proverbs, usage examples, famous quotes and compound entries as well, all
related to your entry word. On top of that, it offers English and Spanish pronunciation, separation into syllables and grammar attributes. It also accepts conjugated verbs and Spanish feminine and plural forms as valid entries.
The advantage of acquiring them as your personal software is that you will enjoy a better, even friendlier interface with many, many more features including word tagging, Bilingual Verb Conjugation, Double-Window Synonyms, idiom search facilities plus a unique collection of 40,000 color pictures associated with noun entries.
Here are just a few numbers:
- 1,300,000 direct entries
- More than 6 million inflected entries recognized
- More than 300,000 idiomatic expressions in both languages
- Famous Quips & Quotes - corresponding to 15,000 entries in each language
- Graphics: 40,000 color pictures attached to nouns
- Voice Recognition and pronunciation
- Enter conjugated entries, even Spanish enclitic verb conjugations (i.e. hazlo; cómetelo, etc.)
- Enter feminine or plural Spanish nouns or adjectives
ENGLISH-SPANISH TRANSLATION SOFTWARE
We also offer you our prize-winning English-Spanish Translators
We offer you several types of English-Spanish Translators, the best of which combine Automatic, context-sensitive translation plus Interactive, User-guided translation. Our top version, the Translator Professional Plus 5, comprises the following features: images for easier meaning selection, a Translation Options Module using a multiple-choice wizard that lets you choose among all possible variations for your translation, Voice Recognition for dictation capabilities and Voice Commands that allow you to call out the tasks you need without using mouse or keyboard. Download a test trial version below!
Download free trial of English-Spanish Dictionary & Tools Professional
Download free trial of English-Spanish Translator Professional Plus
* English Definitions From: WordNet 2.0 Copyright 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
* Spanish Definitions Copyright 2003-2008 Zirano
* Dictionary generated with Word Magic databases version 6.29
* This page was last modified on
Mon, 28-May-2012 14:56:01 CDT