- Translate "cry" to Spanish: llorar, estar llorando, lloriquear, sollozar, derramar lágrimas, lagrimarShe cries for his absence, Ella llora por su ausencia.
English Synonyms of "cry": be in tears, weep, blubber, boohoo, pipe one's eye, shed tears, water
Define meaning of "cry": Shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain.
She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death.
The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs.
- Translate "cry" to Spanish: gritar'I won!' he exclaimed.
English Synonyms of "cry": call out, cry out, scream, shout, shriek, yell
Define meaning of "cry": Utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy. ; Utter a sudden loud cry.; Utter a characteristic sound.
'Help!' she cried.
'I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost.
She cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle.
I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me.
The cat was crying.
- Translate "cry" to Spanish: clamarThis situation is crying for attention.
English Synonyms of "cry": cry out, clamor, clamour
Define meaning of "cry": Demand immediate action.
- Translate "cry" to Spanish: clamar que
English Synonyms of "cry": cry that
- Translate "cry" to Spanish: grito, aullido, clamorThe speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience.
English Synonyms of "cry": yell, howl, howling, scream, shout, shriek, bay, wailing, yelp
Define meaning of "cry": A loud utterance; often in protest or opposition. ; A loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate). ; The characteristic utterance of an animal.
A cry of rage.
A yell of pain.
Animal cries filled the night.
- Translate "cry" to Spanish: lamento, vagidoThe speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience.
English Synonyms of "cry": wail, lament, moan, mourning, lamentation
Define meaning of "cry": A loud utterance; often in protest or opposition.
[ + ] Quips, Quotes & Proverbs
Verb Conjugation for "cry"
Conceptually-related expressions of "cry"
About this Bilingual English-Spanish Dictionary
We must explain that this Free Online Bilingual Dictionary includes all: Word Magic
Dictionary & Tools Professional (general reference English-Spanish bilingual dictionary), our unabridged Medical Dictionary, the Law Dictionary, the Business & Finance Dictionary and the Computer & IT Dictionary. You can purchase these separately to install in your PC and also as add-ons for your Microsoft Word and Excel. Click here to purchase our General Dictionary Pack, which includes images, definitions and usage examples.
The online bilingual Dictionary application here provided is a free service of Word Magic Software Inc. You will find that it is the most complete online bilingual and bidirectional English-Spanish dictionary on the web, showing not only direct translations but synonyms, complete definitions, set phrases, idioms, proverbs, usage examples, famous quotes and compound entries as well, all
related to your entry word. On top of that, it offers English and Spanish pronunciation, separation into syllables and grammar attributes. It also accepts conjugated verbs and Spanish feminine and plural forms as valid entries.
The advantage of acquiring them as your personal software is that you will enjoy a better, even friendlier interface with many, many more features including word tagging, Bilingual Verb Conjugation, Double-Window Synonyms, idiom search facilities plus a unique collection of 40,000 color pictures associated with noun entries.
Here are just a few numbers:
- 1,300,000 direct entries
- More than 6 million inflected entries recognized
- More than 300,000 idiomatic expressions in both languages
- Famous Quips & Quotes - corresponding to 15,000 entries in each language
- Graphics: 40,000 color pictures attached to nouns
- Voice Recognition and pronunciation
- Enter conjugated entries, even Spanish enclitic verb conjugations (i.e. hazlo; cómetelo, etc.)
- Enter feminine or plural Spanish nouns or adjectives
ENGLISH-SPANISH TRANSLATION SOFTWARE
We also offer you our prize-winning English-Spanish Translators
We offer you several types of English-Spanish Translators, the best of which combine Automatic, context-sensitive translation plus Interactive, User-guided translation. Our top version, the Translator Professional Plus 5, comprises the following features: images for easier meaning selection, a Translation Options Module using a multiple-choice wizard that lets you choose among all possible variations for your translation, Voice Recognition for dictation capabilities and Voice Commands that allow you to call out the tasks you need without using mouse or keyboard. Download a test trial version below!
* English Definitions From: WordNet 2.0 Copyright 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
* Spanish Definitions Copyright 2003-2008 Zirano
* Dictionary generated with Word Magic databases version 6.29
* This page was last modified on
Sun, 27-May-2012 18:00:00 CST