Word Magic Software offers you three ways of making use of the SDK.
You can license the SDK to develop you own application(s) for internal individual use, or for use in a LAN Server or Web-based network servicing your corporation.
You may license the SDK to develop you own application(s) with the purpose of licensing it to others or to individual end-users. In order to do this, we have a standard VAR Agreement (Value-Added Reseller Agreement) whereby Word Magic may grant you a license to sub-license your developed application to other end-users based upon a per-license royalty, or a yearly royalty mutually agreed upon by both parties.
You may contact Word Magic Software to develop your special application program, which you may either sublicense under a VAR Agreement, or use it internally within your corporation.
There are countless possibilities for using Word Magic SDKs. Each developer and each company could have a different need and may build a different application program with it.
Word Magic SDKs can be used to implement specific applications in all these fields: Education, Reference Tools, Internet, Intranet, Speech to Speech translation, text translation, Semantic Web, Word Sense Disambiguation, and more…
• Word Magic's translation engine SDK is presently being used to develop a Speech-to-Speech application. This application can be installed in a web server, or interconnected to a telephone line through a computer. At one end of the line one can be speaking in Spanish. At the other end of the line, the receiver would be listening in English. Then, the receiver could talk back in English and the original speaker would receive the communication in Spanish.
• Another application which is being developed using Word Magic SDKs is an on-the-fly translation system for all kinds of wireless written communications. *Patent pending.
• ASP and ASP.NET connectivity allows you to use Word Magic SDKs to build your own special Internet, Intranet or any other of web-based translation applications, including specialized reference dictionaries in Information Technology, Law and Business & Commerce. (Medicine soon to be available.)
• These applications can be made to operate from a web-based server, having also multithread operation.
• The SDK can also be used for translation in telephony, Internet chats, messaging, PDA, etc.
• One of our clients is planning to implement our translation engine into his application in a program which aids the hearing-impaired.
• Word Magic applications already run in Microsoft Tablet Computer's operating system. The user handwrites his or her notes in Spanish, and they are displayed in formatted text in English. Just this one type of application could have an unending variety of practical uses in everyday life.
• Another possible application is in Internet search. Search could be conducted in Spanish web sites using English search-words, or vice versa.
• Also, Word Magic's database of millions of synonyms (largest English-Spanish database in existence) could be used to implement searches with synonyms, related words, related expressions, and even antonyms, related antonyms and related anonymous expressions; a unique database developed exclusively by Word Magic. Search capabilities can also be implemented for knowledge databases and Internet Libraries.
• Word Sense disambiguation is the big topic for the near future. Word Magic is a pioneer company in this area. Soon, SDKs will also be available for Word Sense disambiguation using context, grammar and industry-specific field disambiguation.
• Word Magic's word-sense disambiguation systems will have a direct application in the future Semantic Web. This new Web envisions to work with concepts rather than with plain words.
• Word Magic Software is also in the process of linking its dictionaries with WordNet in order to afford a Spanish mirror-counterpart to this gigantic relational database under development in Princeton University.
• The Word Magic SDK for mirrored English-Spanish conjugation could be used to build all kinds of educational tools.
• The Word Magic SDK for the mirrored English-Spanish thesaurus could also be used in education, editorial work, e-books, and in many other innovative applications.
Other specialized applications: Voice Recognition and TTS
• As a core dictionary in Voice Recognition systems (VR) or Text-to-Speech (TTS), Word Magic's giant dictionaries would greatly enhance VR capabilities of recognizing Spanish and English words. On top of that, the fact that Word Magic's dictionaries contain a collection of more than 112,000 set-phrases, locutions, phrasal and prepositional verbs, compound expressions and idioms of all kinds, would create a firmer and wider foothold for recognition of long chains of spoken words.